Lot 32 Brass Steam Locomotive Cabside Number plate "426" As carried by a Dunbar designed ex GWR 0-6-2T built by Robert Stephenson & Co in March 1914. This was originally an ex Brecon & Merthyr Railway Loco numbered No 41 but subsequently renumbered by the GWR as No 888 in 1924 and again as No 426 in April 1947. Allocated to Basseleg mpd until the depot closed in 1929 then reallocated to Newport (Alexandra Docks) shed and moving on for its final few years to Llantrisant. One of B&M's larger Locos used for hauling heavy freight from collieries in the Merthyr Valley to the docks at Newport. No 426 was one of 13 B&MR locos to survive into BR ownership. Withdrawn in March 1950. Un-restored front with the numbers lightly polished and ex loco back with Caerphilly in old faded paint.


  Lot sold for £2050